Friday 10 June 2011

Creatures of old

 Just a couple of things I'm currently working on, I would like to be able to promise a proper progress report but once I've begun painting I just feel so swept up by the bleeding watercolour madness of it all that the tides carry me further out to sea and I don't know where I'll make port until the voyage is through. It's exciting though. I am very excited.
I'm quite a ridiculous thing really, such silly little fantasies of old Gods and flesh eating cannibals.

Agdistis



Wendigo


Sometimes I wish I'd existed when the world was new, rather than the blinding light of the present, when everything was untarnished by what we think we know of ourselves today. Ho hum.

3 comments:

  1. These are going to turn out beautifully, I can tell already.
    When I saw the first one, even in the very simple "bones" of the sketch, I thought it was splendid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou so much, I find that I am itching to get on with them but sadly my job is taking up a lot of my personal painting time, it's almost depressing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's too bad. I want/need a job badly but I know I'll hate it once I have one.

    ReplyDelete